Cane sugar free, wholemeal, see notes for dairy free idea
– 60g butter (cubed)
– 1 1/4 cups SR Wholemeal Flour
– 1/2 cup milk (soy, almond, other)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons cocoa
– 5 medjool dates, chopped
– 1 cup walnuts chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, fanforced. Place patty cases into patty tins and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place butter, milk, honey, vanilla extract and dates into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in mixture from blender. Add eggs and using a beater beat on speed one (low) until combined then increase to speed 5 for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
4. Spoon mixture into patty cases.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
– These muffins could potentially be made dairy free by replacing the butter with coconut oil, if anyone tries this please let us know how it turns out!