Cane sugar free, wheat free
– 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
– 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
– 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt/sea salt
– 250g (3 medium, peeled) mashed ripe bananas
– 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
– 60g sour cream
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin cases and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and bicarb soda together in a bowl, add salt. In a separate bowl, beat together banana, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Stir in the sour cream. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in coconut. Spoon evenly into muffin pan.
3. Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. For best flavour, place in an airtight container or plastic bag overnight.
Simply Good and Healthy.