Makes Approx. 10 Pancakes
Cane sugar free, whole wheat
– 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
– Pinch sea or himalayan salt
– 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1 egg
– 1 cup milk (I used full cream, lactose free)
– 1 teaspoon white vinegar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Butter for cooking (olive oil spray would work also)
1. Sift flour (add husks back in) and bicarb soda into a bowl. Add salt, honey, egg, milk, vinegar and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until mixed.
2. Increase to high speed and beat for 1 minute.
3. Grease frypan with butter or olive oil spray (wipe with paper towel, there should be no liquid in pan this is only so they do not stick), cook spoonfuls of batter over medium heat, wait until they bubble then flip over to brown other side. Wipe pan with paper towel between pancakes and add more butter or oil if necessary.
4. Serve with pure maple syrup or honey and fresh fruits.