Cane sugar free, dairy free
– 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
– 1/4 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 eggs
– 140g apple puree
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 medium carrots, grated
– 5 medjool dates, pitted and chopped small
– 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees, fan forced. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl sift flour (add back husks), bicarb soda and cinnamon together and stir in oats.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together eggs, apple puree, oil and honey. Create a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients, mix until combined. Stir in carrots, dates and walnuts.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes (they should be dark golden and a skewer will come out clean).